Szerelmey is recruiting a stonemasonry designer to support their facade design team, by preparing cladding and flooring layout, detail and manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit for restoration and new build projects. The successful candidate would ideally have stonemasonry experience and be interested in moving to a design office or already has. You would be required to visit construction sites to survey existing stone buildings in order to take moulds, profiles, sufficient information and details to draw replacement stones and existing stone facades. Other duties will include attending design meetings, liaising with main contractors, architects, engineers, other sub-contractors and third party suppliers as and when required.
- preferred minimum 1 year AutoCAD experience
- preferred minimum 1 year stonemasonry experience
- Knowledge of technical drawing from school or college would be advantageous.
- Stonemasonry experience in a factory or construction sites would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of traditional stone architecture terms and forms would be beneficial.
- The ability to produce drawings in either AutoCAD, Inventor or Revit which are used in the design office to streamline the cladding design process as well as meeting contractual BIM Level 2 obligations. Training will be provided as required.
- Practically minded with an eye for detail, self-motivated, reliable, able to organise work-load and meet deadlines.
- Willing to acquire knowledge of relevant British Standards / Eurocodes and Building Regulations.
Great benefit package and salary commensurate with experience.
Apply to email@example.com
A Fantastic opportunity has opened up to join our dynamic design team! We are looking for a competent architectural engineer to support our façade design team preparing cladding and flooring layout, detail and manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit. Also design of steel bracket and connections, technical drawings and analysis/calculations, design of small steel structures and facade engineering using Inventor and Mathcad. The successful candidate would ideally have experience of designing and detailing in stainless steel, designing whole wall solutions (cladding and backing structure), producing structural calculations for various cladding materials and backing structures, producing u-value calculations and/or 3d thermal analysis of the building envelope. Practical experience gained from working in a design and build contractor is preferred to consultancy or manufacturer experience.
Must have diploma/degree level in architecture and engineering or similar
Previous experience in an architectural practice or cladding subcontractor an advantage
Competitive package and salary dependent on experience.
For further information please contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org
Stone fixers needed for prestigious Central London project, good rates and priced work available. For further information please contact the office email@example.com
Directly employed experienced stone/brick Restorers needed for various Restoration projects across London. For further information please contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer two different apprenticeship courses, although sometimes availability may be limited.
1. Stone Restoration/ Facade Preservation
2. Stone Masonry, Fixing and Installation
Our apprenticeship courses are for 2 years and result in an NVQ Level 2 and full time employment.
Call us today to find out how we can help set you on your career path.