This historic grade II listed building has recently undergone a complicated external and internal restoration and new build package undertaken by Szerelmey. Africa House was built in 1921-22 by Trehearne and Norman architects as a trading house for commodities imported from Africa and features extensive sculptural works by Benjamin Clemens above the grand portico. Externally Szerelmey sourced, designed and installed the new east elevation using Portland stone and a new annex to the rear of the building. The remaining three elevations were cleaned and restored by the restoration team. This included extensive restoration work on Clemen’s sculptures.
Client: Freshwater Group of Companies
Principal Contractor: BAM
Package Value: £1.2M